It is Webridge Properties’s policy to respect the confidentiality of the information and the privacy of individuals. In summary, the Principles define ‘personal information’ as information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
What kind of personal information do we collect?
The type of personal information we collect, hold, and use depends on the products, services, or information that you ask us to provide and may include (but is not limited to):
- information that identifies an individual, for example, names, address, date of birth, age, gender, contact details (like phone numbers and email addresses)
- information needed to verify the identity of an individual (for example, a passport or driver’s licence);
- an individual’s employment history and other information collected as part of a recruitment process;
- information collected through security cameras or video surveillance;
- an individual’s opinions and preferences about the products and services offered by Webridge Properties;
- information that Webridge Properties is required or authorized to collect by law; and
- electronic information from your use of our Website (see below).
The types of individuals we usually collect this information about include:
- Our customers, clients, tenants and suppliers and potential customers, clients, tenants, and suppliers, including people who:
- buy or express an interest in buying a property from or through us
- rent or express an interest in renting premises from us; and
- enter Webridge Properties owned or managed shopping centers, buildings, or other sites;
- job applicants, employees, and contractors;
- people who use our Website, social media, mobile applications, wireless facilities (provided in a Webridge Properties owned or managed shopping center, building, or another site) and other online services;
- people who register to receive electronic newsletters or other communications from us;
- people who participate in surveys, competitions or promotions we run;
- people to whom we provide other products and services from time to time; and
- other people who may come into contact with one of the divisions or organizations within Webridge Properties.
We may obtain personal information through telephone conversations with you, internet inquiries you make, forms you fill out (online or in-person), face-to-face meetings or interviews, or from a third party (for example, from sales agents acting on our behalf or from a person who provides a reference).
There may be some instances where personal information about you will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impractical to collect it directly from you. For example, we may obtain a reference from a third party. We will usually notify you about these instances in advance, or where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected. We may ask for other information voluntarily from time to time (for example, through market research or surveys) to enable us to improve our service or consider the wider needs of our customers or potential customers.
If you use our Website
Exception in relation to employee records
Webridge Properties is not required to comply with the Principles in relation to Webridge Properties’s treatment of an employee record held by Webridge Properties and relating to an employee if the treatment is directly related to the current or former employment relationship between Webridge Properties and that employee.
How do we use this information and to whom may we disclose it?
Our business is to understand and meet your needs and provide the services that you require. To do this effectively we need to collect a range of personal information about you.
Webridge Properties uses personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected, or for secondary purposes which are related to the primary purpose.
In general, Webridge Properties uses personal information for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity;
- to provide products or services that have been requested;
- to help us manage and enhance our products and services, including by analyzing customer feedback and future customer needs;
to communicate with you;
- to assess the suitability of prospective tenants;
- to provide ongoing information and marketing about our products and services to people we believe may be interested;
- to manage safety and security at Webridge Properties managed shopping centers, buildings, and other sites;
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations; and
- to recruit employees and contractors.
Depending on the product or service concerned, we may disclose personal information to:
- other divisions or organizations within Webridge Properties;
- joint venture and alliance partners;
- service providers and specialist advisers to Webridge Properties who have been contracted to provide Webridge Properties with the agency, legal, administrative, financial, research or other services to assist Webridge Properties with its business or to provide customer service;
- third party lenders, insurers and credit providers, and courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities as agreed or authorized by law and other third parties as required by law;
- credit reporting or reference agencies or insurance investigators; or
- anyone whom an individual has authorized such disclosure to, as specified by that individual or provided for in a contract (including where the contract states that consent has been obtained from the relevant individual).
In most cases, if you do not provide this personal information about yourself which Webridge Properties has requested, Webridge Properties may not be able to provide you with the relevant product or service.
Sensitive information is subject to greater restrictions
Some personal information which we collect is ‘sensitive’. Sensitive information includes a person’s racial or ethnic origin, religion, membership of political bodies or trade unions, sexual preferences or activities, criminal record, health information and medical history. The way we use TNR tax file numbers and information received from a credit-reporting agency about an individual is also restricted by law. Sensitive information, specifically health information, may be relevant to applications by prospective employees and while consent will be sought before this is obtained, we may not be able to adequately assess candidates’ suitability for some positions without this information. The Principles require that sensitive information is used and disclosed only for the purposes for which it was provided, or a directly related secondary purpose, unless you agree otherwise or for other specific reasons such as if the use or disclosure of this information is required by law (for example, to prevent a crime or serious injury). Documents asking for sensitive information will explain this.
A ‘data breach’ is any unauthorized access to, unauthorized disclosure of, or loss of, personal information held by Webridge Properties that is likely to result in serious harm to you. If Webridge Properties suspects or becomes aware of a data breach, we will:
- investigate and handle the data breach; and
- in accordance with our Cyber Security Data Breach Protocol and the Privacy Act.
How do we store personal information?
Safeguarding the privacy of your information is important to us, whether you interact with us personally, by telephone or mail, by email or over the internet, or through other electronic media. We hold personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. The Principles also require us not to store personal information longer than necessary. Where we no longer require any personal information that we hold, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy the information or to ensure that the information is de-identified.
Links to other websites
How do we keep personal information accurate and up-to-date?
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. We realize that this information changes frequently with changes of address and other personal circumstances. So, please contact us as soon as possible to update any personal information we hold about you – our contact details are set out below.
You have the right to check what personal information about you is held by us
Under the Principles, you have the right to obtain a copy of any personal information which we hold about you and to advise us of any perceived inaccuracy. The Principles set out some exceptions to this. To make a request to access the information we hold about you, please contact us in writing. We will require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. We may charge a reasonable fee to cover the cost of locating, retrieving, reviewing, and copying any material requested. If the information you seek is extensive, we will advise the likely cost in advance and can help to refine your request if required.
What if you have a complaint?
Phone: 02- 204 33 99
How to contact us
Postal address: Tamouh Tower , Reem Island
PO Box 119907
Abu Dhabi – UAE
Updates to this Policy